Sports injuries like ACL tear can be painful and put you off your game. Regain full function of your knee with best ACL reconstruction in India.
We, at MedicoExperts understand how put off or distressed you feel when a knee injury like ACL tear puts you out of your game. With the proficiency of the best orthopaedic surgeons in India, we offer cost-effective and highly successful ACL surgery to get you back to your daily life and sports. We provide you treatment in well-equipped and top orthopaedic hospitals that have dedicated teams of experts, specialist and doctors to provide a well-rounded care and treatment. We also provide a wide-spectrum of orthopaedic doctors and hospitals that a patient can choose depending on his/her budget, and also thrive to provide our patients with specialized packages and privileged schemes for their ACL surgery in India
Individuals who participate in contact sport like football, soccer and basketball are familiar with ACL tear which causes intense pain and restriction in movement. In order to effectively get back in the game, these individuals require to undergo ACL repair or ACL reconstruction to regain full functionality of their knee.
ACL repair in India is considered to be amongst the most affordable and cost-effective option when compared to countries like the US, UK, Singapore, etc. India also has some of the most expert and best orthopaedic surgeons in the world who are highly skilled in delivering successful ACL surgeries. The best orthopaedic hospitals in India are equipped with latest technology and infrastructure to provide international quality treatment well within one’s budget.
Some key benefits you can acquire from your ACL surgery in India
The cost of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction in India is one sixth of what it would cost to undergo the same in a country like the US, UK or Thailand. The cost of ACL reconstruction in India depends on the type of procedure, surgeon and the facility where you choose to get the surgery done. To ensure a best suited treatment plan, a pre-evaluation is done to determine the overall health of the patient. The cost of the comprehensive pre-evaluation is USD 500.
The cost for an ACL repair in India ranges from USD 2500-3500 and this can be done by either the traditional open approach or the minimally invasive (arthroscopic) approach. The cost for ACL reconstruction in India ranges from USD 3500-5000 USD and it can be done either by open surgical approach or minimally invasive (arthroscopic) approach. The approach chosen by the orthopaedic surgeon depends on the extend injury and condition of the patient.
This conventional technique is most appropriate procedure for people who need correction of moderate to significant signs of aging. In this, incisions are sited around the ears, into the hairline and also a small incision below the chin. This procedure yields the most dramatic and long-lasting results for most of the patients.
• Conservative management
This is indicated in cases of Acute and Partial ACL tear, in which proper rest is advisable with the limited to no mobility in order to protect the joint and healing the ligament.
Conservative Management often combined with the intensive rehabilitation program to regain the normal range of motion, increase stability and strength at the joint so as to perform activities of daily living.
• ACL Repair
In this procedure, the partially or completely torn ACL ligament is repaired by sewing it back together using sutures. However, studies have shown that the ACL repair generally fails over the time and may require revision surgery or reconstruction.
• ACL Reconstruction
In this procedure, the torn ACL ligament is replaced by using a substitute graft taken from either of the following sources
- Hamstrings Muscle Tendon AutoGraft taken from the patient’s own knee
- Patellar Tendon AutoGraft taken from the patient’s own knee
- Quadriceps Muscle Tendon AutoGraft
- Allograft that is a graft taken from a cadaver’s patellar tendon, posterior tibialis tendon, Achilles tendon, Gracilis or Semitendinosus Tendon
Success Rate for ACL reconstruction in India
With ACL treatment in India the patient will be able to regain full function of the knee and will also be able to get back to previous sport activity. With the expertise of the best orthopaedic surgeons in India, patients can expert precision and international quality surgery. The success rate of ACL treatment in India across hospitals in 99 per cent with improvement in range motion and relief from pain.
Frequently Asked Questions and patient concerns:
1. Who is considered to be an ideal candidate for ACL surgery?
You can be considered as a good candidate for ACL reconstruction surgery if
- You have got your knee injured as a result of some high impact sport activities
- You are facing frequent episodes of disabling knee instability in the form of buckling or knee giving away while walking
- No relief in the symptoms in spite of conservative management or rehabilitation
2. Can ACL injury be prevented or avoided?
Anyone can trim down the risk of ACL injuries by training drill that needs balance, power, and agility. In addition to that if you are doing plyometric exercises, such as balance and jumping drills, will pick up your neuromuscular conditioning and muscular reactions which will reduce the risk of ACL injury.
3. What can I expect from my ACL surgery?
ACL reconstruction is a minimal invasive surgery, which offers speedy recovery and more rapid return to functional activities. With intensive rehabilitation you can expect good recovery and return back to the functional level within three months. However, it may take 6 months to start the usual sports activities.
4. Is it true that female athletes are more prone to ACL injury as compared to male athletes?
Statistically, it has been found that the female athletes have higher prevalence of ACL injury than the male athletes in certain sports. The contributing factor for these has been anticipated mainly due to the gender related divergence which can be one of the following:
- Physical Conditioning
- Muscular strength
- Neuromuscular control
- Pelvis and Lower extremity alignment
- Increased ligamentous laxity
5. What are the major causes of ACL injury?
The major causes of ACL injuries can thus be categorized into two types depending on the mechanism:
• Non-contact Mechanism
- Incorrect Landing after jumping from height
- Stopping suddenly with your legs hyperextended or a little bent
- Spinning or changing directions rapidly with foot planted firmly on ground
- Missing steps while ascending or descending staircase
• Contact Mechanism
- Fall on an extended knee
- Playing sport with foot firmly planted on ground
- Getting direct hit or blow one the lateral side of the knee
6. How is an ACL injury diagnosed?
When you experience a ‘pop’ sound or prolonged pain during your regular movements, you should see a doctor. The doctor will physically examine if both the knees, the normal one and the one with the soreness are same or look different. He/she may also suggest to get an MRI, ultrasound or X-ray done to determine the extend of the damage.
Arthroscopy is at times done to precisely determine the extend of the injury and provide real-time repair or correction.
7. What symptoms determine if one has an ACL tear or injury?
Usually, people experience a popping sound when they injure or damage their knee. However, some of the other symptoms that indicate a tear are as follows:
- Pain or soreness in the knee
- Trouble walking or moving the knee
- Limited range of motion or unable to flex the knee
MedicoExperts is a Global virtual hospital which is established to offer quality healthcare services at affordable pricing without compromising the success rates of the treatment. MedicoExperts is having a network of highly experienced super specialist doctors and well equipped hospitals across the globe and offering second opinion through online video consultation and surgical interventions through its empanelled super specialist doctors at its network hospitals in 17 countries from 3 continents.
By the virtue of its approach and model, MedicoExperts is successfully achieve to deliver
- Latest and most advanced treatments with success rates of international benchmarks.
- Multiple cost options depending upon the hospital facilities, with the same doctor.
- Treatment option in multiple cities/state/countries.
- Trust and peace of mind.
Most suitable for patients who are looking for:-
- Planned Surgeries and treatment from most experienced doctors and at multiple cost options as per hospital facilities with best possible outcomes.
- Second Opinion from expert doctors.
- Complex cases involving multi specialities
- International patients looking for treatment from Indian doctors