Dr. Sharad Sharma
MBBS, MS - Gen. Surgery, Dip. In Adv. Lap Surgery, FALS, FMAS, FIAGES
Skills :Specializes in Bariatric Surgery, Gastro-intestinal surgery, Laparoscopic surgery, Complex Hernia surgery and general surgery
- Dr. Sharad Sharma is a Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgeon.
- Dr. Sharad Sharma’s expertise in Gastrointestinal Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, General Surgery, and Laparoscopic Surgery.
- He keeps up with newer techniques and technologies by actively participating in national and international conferences.
Dr. Sharad Sharma is a bariatric surgeon with a primary interest in bariatric surgery.
In 1994, I received a degree in surgery. In 1998, Dr. Sharma began performing laparoscopic surgery.
Dr. Sharma received his Diploma in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery under Dr. C Palaniveiu at Gem Hospital in Coimbatore (accredited by the Society for American Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons, SAGES).
Dr. Sharma completed his training in D2 Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons in 2006. The Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons awarded him Fellowship (FIAGES) in 2007. The Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India awarded him, Fellowship, in Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS) in 2008. In 2009, he passed the Association of Surgeons for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS’Essentials )’s Bariatric examination.
Dr. Sharma received his training in bariatric and metabolic surgery at The Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, USA, under Dr. Philip Schauer. In 2012, the FIAGES awarded him a Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery (FALS).
Since January 1999, Dr. Sharma has been performing Gl surgeries. Since 1998, he has been performing laparoscopic surgeries. He has performed a variety of open, laparoscopic, and thoracoscopic procedures on his own.
Dr. Sharad Sharma is a well-known Bariatric surgeon who has more than 25 years of experience.
Training and Certifications
- MBBS, 1990
- MS – General Surgery, 1994
- Diploma in Advanced Laparoscopic surgery, 2003
- FIAGES, 2007
- FMAS, 2008
- Fellowship in bariatric surgery (Cleveland Clinic Ohio US), 2009
- Essentials in bariatrics ( by ASMBS), 2009
- Fellow in Advanced laparoscopic surgery (FALS by IAGES), 2012
Awards and Achievements
- He is one of Navi Mumbai’s pioneers of advanced laparoscopic surgery, having performed a variety of complex laparoscopic procedures such as Rectopexy, Pancreatic pseudocysts, large Ventral hernia, and many others.
- In Navi Mumbai, he performed the first robotic pancreatic necrosectomy.
- Papillary Cystadenocarcinoma of the pancreas presenting as a splenic mass (case report): The Indian Practitioner, October 1994, No. 10, pp 860-862.
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-surgeons (IAGES)
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI), Founder member
- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterologists (IASG)
- Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA)
- Association of Colon & Rectal Surgeons of India (ACRSI)
- All India Association for Advancing Research in Obesity (AIAARO)
- Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
- Hernia Society of India (HSI)
- Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)