Dr. Pankaj Maheshwari
MBBS, DNB, MS General Surgery, MCh Urology
- Skills :Treatment of Prostate Cancer and management, Kidney Cancer, Urinary track and Bladder
- Holds rich experience in upper tract endourology, Lithotripsy, Laser surgeries
- First Urologist in India to be trained in the use of Holmium Laser for Urinary stone and Prostate management.
- One of the most renowned Urologist nationally as well as internationally
- A new technique for placement of CAPD catheter laparoscopically. This significantly reduces the complications of CAPD catheter. (> 100 cases)
- Technique of antegrade placement of DJ stent after PCNL.
- Technique of Cystoscopic stent removal using a guide-wire loop.
Dr. Maheshwari is nationally as well as an internationally reputed urologist with rich experience in upper tract endourology, Lithotripsy, laser surgeries. He was the first Urologist in India to be trained in the use of Holmium Laser for Urinary stone and Prostate management.
He has performed over a thousand percutaneous nephrolithotomy, fifteen hundred ureteroscopy and a large number of lower tract endourological procedures. He was Involved in lithotripsy (ESWL) treatment of more than four thousand patients.
Areas Of Expertise
Pankaj Maheshwari has Completed MBBS from Grant Medical College in 1995, MS (Urology), DNB & M.Ch (Urology) and has expertise in Vasectomy, Cryotherapy, Cystoscopy, Circumcision, Lithotripsy, Spermicide, Urinalysis, Prostate Biopsy, Penile Implants, Hormone Therapy, Open Prostatectomy, Holmium Laser Surgery, Upper Tract Endourology, Abdominal Ultrasound, Intravenous Pyelogram, Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy, Transurethral needle ablation (TUNA), Transurethral microwave therapy (TUMT), Transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP), Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) etc.
He received his training in Holmium Lasers in Urology at –
- Department of Urology, New York Medical College under Dr. Akhil Das.
- Department of Urology, Tauranga Medical Center, Tauranga, New Zealand under Dr. Peter Gilling and Dr. Mark Frounderfer.
Dr. Maheshwari is the pioneer in the use of Holmium laser in urology in India. He started performing holmium laser enucleation of prostate for management of Benign Enlargement of Prostate in late 1998.
He has a large experience of management of urinary calculus disease patients. These were managed by a combination of lithotripsy and endourology.
Few unusual surgical procedures were done for the first time in India by Dr. Maheshwari.
- Laparoscopy assisted PCNL for large calculi in pelvic kidney (3 cases).
- Laparoscopic repair of spontaneous bladder perforation.