Dr. Rajesh Khullar
MBBS, MS - General Surgery
Skills :Expertise in Hepatobiliary Surgery, Upper GI Surgery, Bariatric Surgery for Weight Loss and Obesity, Extra Peritoneal Repair of Inguinal Hernia, Thoracoscopic Surgical Procedures for Benign Condition of Thorax.
- Dr. Rajesh Khullar is a highly skilled bariatric surgeon with a lot of experience.
- He is regarded as one of India’s most experienced laparoscopic surgeons.
- Treatment for Hepatobiliary Surgery, Upper GI Surgery, Bariatric Surgery for Weight Loss and Obesity, Extra Peritoneal Repair of Inguinal Hernia, and Thoracoscopic Surgical Procedures for Benign Thorax Conditions are among his specialties.
- Dr. Rajesh Khullar has also been invited to speak at national and international conferences on bariatric, metabolic, and hernia surgery as a Skilled Guest Lecturer.
- Dr. Rajesh Khullar is a member of the National Board of Examination for Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery’s Accredited Faculty.
Dr. Rajesh Khullar received his MBBS from AFMC, Pune University in 1980 and went on to PGI, Chandigarh in 1984 to pursue his MS in General Surgery.
Dr. Rajesh Khullar has been elected President of the Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI), President of the Hernia Society of India (National Chapter of the Asia Pacific Hernia Society), Joint Secretary of the Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS), and Executive Member of the Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES).
Dr. Rajesh Khullar is a well-known teacher, trainer, and practitioner who is interested in research and publications and has co-authored textbooks. The textbook “Endo Hernia Repair,” Vols. 1 and 2, published in 2004 and 2012, was co-authored by Dr. Manish Baijlal.
Dr. Rajesh Khullar is a well-known Bariatric surgeon having 39 years of experience.
Training and Certifications
- MBBS, 1980
- MS, 1984
Expertise in Disease/Treatment
- Hepatobiliary Surgeries
- Upper GI Surgeries
- Hernia Repair
- Bariatric Surgery (obesity/weight loss surgery)
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Gastric Banding Surgery
- Duodenal Switch
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Thoracoscopic Surgical Procedures for Benign Conditions of Thorax
- Gallbladder Stones
- Obesity Surgery
- Piles, Fissure, Fistula
- Thyroid & Parathyroid
- Scarless Neck Surgery
- Published papers in National and International Journals.
- Co-authored textbook, “Endohernia Repair”, Vol 1 &2 published in 2004 & 2012
- Played important role in Collecting, Forming, Streamlining, and Editing the contents of the manual, “ Minimal Access Surgery –Guidelines and Recommendations”, approved by the Ministry of Health, National Board of Examination, Indian Medical Association, Medical Council of India, Indian Association of Gastrointestinal and Endosurgeons.
- One of the creators of the set of 15 CD-ROMs on Minimal Access Surgery-Basic and Advanced Procedures, released by His Excellency Mr. K.R. Narayanan, the President of India on July 15 2002
- Jr. Editor, Hernia Section, Journal of Minimal Access Surgery (JMAS)
- Reviewer, Hernia Journal
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Indian Society of Surgical Gastroenterology (ISG)
- Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- Hernia Society of India (National Chapter of APHS)
- Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES)