Dr. Mihir Bapat
MBBS, MS Orthopedics, DNB Orthopedics
- Skills :Specialize in treating all kinds of spinal disorders, intricate traditional spinal surgeries, minimally invasive spine surgeries
- Dr. Mihir Bapat is a well-known spine surgeon.
- Dr. Mihir Bapat has successfully performed more than 8000 Spine Surgeries.
- He treats a wide range of spinal disorders, but his areas of expertise include both traditional and minimally invasive spine surgery.
- He won Kamarkar Gold Medal, Pandurangi Award for Best Resident in Orthopedics.
- Best Clinical Research Paper Award
Dr. Mihir Bapat is a highly renowned Spine Surgeon in Mumbai, India.
Mr. Mihir Bapat has a special interest in treating Degenerative Spine, Tumors Surgery, Complex and Revision Surgeries, Fracture reconstruction surgery, Deformity Surgery, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Craniovertebral junction surgery.
Dr. Mihir Bapat is a well-known spine surgeon with 23+ years of experience.
Training and Certifications
- MBBS – King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, 1996
- MS – Orthopaedics – King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, 1999
- DNB – Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery – DNB board, New Delhi, 1999
- Scoliosis Research Society Global Outreach Scholarship 2005.
- Visiting Fellow at Queens Medical Center, Nottingham 2004
Expertise in Disease/Treatment
- Degenerative Spine
- Tumors Surgery
- Complex and Revision Surgeries
- Fracture reconstruction surgery
- Deformity surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Craniovertebral junction surgery
- Posterior Cervical Discectomy
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Spinal Fusion Surgery
- Spinal Laminectomy
- Total Disc Replacement
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy Spine Surgery
- Kyphosis (Hunchback) Treatment
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy
- Cervical Corpectomy
- Lumbar Laminectomy for Spine
- Micro Discectomy
- Minimally Invasive Anterior Cervical
Awards and Achievements
- Karmakar Gold Medal (1994) for highest in surgery at GS Medical College Mumbai & Second Rank in Surgery in Mumbai University.
- Pandurangi Award (1996) for Best Resident in Orthopedics.
- IOACON Appreciation Award 2005 for outstanding work in spine surgery.
- Best Clinical Research Paper Award (Association of Spine Surgeons of India ) 2006.
- ASSI Award for Maximum Peer-reviewed publications 2006.
- Surgical decision making in cervical spondylotic myelopathy – prospective analysis of 115 cases. MASSALLAWALA BEST PAPER AWARD SESSION, WIROC, Mumbai 2006 (Co-Author).
- Pathogenesis and staging of craniovertebral tuberculosis. Travel Award. RSNA Chicago, November 2010 (Co-Author).
- Recovery Patterns in late-onset myelopathy. MASSALLAWALA BEST PAPER AWARD SESSION, WIROC, Mumbai 2010 (Co-Author).
- SM Tuli Best Case paper award. Indian Orthopaedic Association Conference, Mumbai, 2012
- ASSI-Ingalhalikar Gold Medal for Best Clinical Paper 2013.
- MOA (Maharashtra Orthopedic Association ) best paper award 2016.
- Mycotic Aneurysm of the Descending thoracic aorta with intraspinal extension causing paraplegia. Acta Orthop Scand. 2002 Oct; 73(5):597-600.
- Approach to tuberculosis of the cervico-dorsal junction. A classification based on clinico-radiological criteria. Spine 2006 Apr 20; 31(9):E244-9.
- Epidural varix at the cervico-thoracic. Unusual cause forquadriplegia. Spine. 2006 Feb 1; 31(3): E88-90.4.
- Role of trans-articular screw fixation in atlanto-axial tuberculosis. Eur Spine J. 2007 Feb; 16(2):187-973.
- Role of iliac crest reconstruction using autologous rib graft. Spine 2008 Nov 1; 33(23):2570-5.
- Patterns of Compression in Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy. Eur Spine J 2008 17: 1651-1663
- Paraplegia due recurrent multiple hydatid cyst of the spine. IJO 2008; 42(2): 222-4
- Conus Medullaris Syndrome due to an intradural disc herniation. IJO 2008; 42(1): 94-96.
- Complex multi-level lumbar spine fractures with transverse sacral fracture. A case report. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. Indian J Orthop. 2011 Nov;45(6):576-80.
- MRI diagnosis of intradural disc herniation. A report of three cases with a review of the literature. Internet Journal of Orthopedic Surgery. 2011 Volume 18 Number 2
- Delayed surgery in lumbar spine fractures. Do severe cauda equina lesions recover?. The Spine Journal 2011; 11(10):S11-12.
- Intradural tumor and concomitant disc herniation. Indian J Orthop. 2011.
- Free floating intraspinalneuroepithelial cyst: a case report. International journal of case reports and images 2012;3(6): 38-41.
- Structural odontoid lesions in craniovertebral tuberculosis. A review of 15 cases. Spine 2012;37 :E836-43
- Management of Sequelae of neglected septic shoulder. IJO 2009; 43(1): 90-2
- Bombay Orthopedic Association. (BOS)
- Indian Orthopedic Association (IOA) and Annual conference (IOACON)
- Bombay Spine Society
- Western India Regional Orthopedic Conference (WIROC)
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) and Annual conference (ASSICON)
- Bangladesh Spine Society
- Maharashtra Orthopedic Association
- Vidharbha Orthopedic Association
- International AO faculty