Dr. Firuza Parikh
MBBS, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, DGO, FCPS - Mid. & Gynae
- Skills :Assisted Reproduction, IVF, ICSI, IMSI, Genetics, Pre-Implantation Genetics and Male Infertility
Dr. Firuza Parikh is a top IVF specialist and assisted reproduction expert. She is currently the Director of the Jaslok Hospital’s Department of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics in Mumbai, India.
- Dr. Firuza Parikh is regarded as one of the best IVF and Female/Male Infertility experts.
- Dr. Parikh has more than 29 years of experience in ART, IVF, ICSI, Sperm/Egg/Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy, Donor Eggs, and Male Infertility.
- In India, Dr. Firuza Parikh was the first to introduce Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening.
- She is the Director of the Jaslok Hospital’s Department of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics.
- Over 15000 babies have been born under Dr. Firuza Parikh’s treatment.
Dr. Parikh has expertise in ART, IVF, ICSI, Sperm/Egg/Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy, Donor Eggs, and Male Infertility. Dr. Parikh has more than 29 years of experience
Training and Certifications
- MBBS – King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, 1980
- MD – Obstetrics & Gynaecology – King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, 1983
- DGO – College of physicians and Surgeons Mumbai, 1985
- Diploma in Family planning (UK) – College of physicians and Surgeons Mumbai, 1987
Awards and Achievements
- 1995: The All India Ratna Shiromani Award for pioneering work in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- 1995: Outstanding Young Indian Award is given by the Indian Junior Chamber.
- 2001: Listed by the National Institutes of Health Registry (USA) for research in Embryonic Stem Cells
- 2001: Felicitation by Organisation of Pharmaceutical Producers of India for outstanding research in Stem Cells.
- 2001: The M.D. Adatia Oration Award – Bombay Obstetrics and Gynecology Society Annual Conference.
- 2002: Kuvadia-Shah-Vora Oration Award on Stem Cell Therapy – Implications & Importance, by The Bombay Medical Association.
- 2006: Woman of the Year Award – Zonta International Organization.
- 2006: Zee Astitva Award for Science and Technology.
- 2007: Hindustan Times Woman of the Year Award
- 2009: F ICCI FLO Women Achievers Awards 2009 “Excellence in the field of Medicine”
- 2012: Women in the Driving Seat Award by Lavasa Women’s Drive for Science and Medicine
- 2012: L’Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards 2012 for Science and Innovation.
- 2014: Selected as Woman of the Year 2014 by Limca Book of Records.
- 2014: ‘All India Survey’ by Indian Express lists Dr. Firuza Parikh in the top 10 Doctors of India.
- 2015: 100 most Powerful Women of Asia Award 2015.
Expertise in Disease/Treatment
- IVF Expert
- Sperm / Egg & Embryo Freezing
- Donor Eggs
- Male Infertility Expert
- Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening
- Over 200 scientific publications and 30 book chapters in National and International journals of which 5 have been award-winning papers.
- Editor-in-Chief, Fertility and Sterility Indian Edition
- Editorial Board: Fertility and Sterility, USA
- Recognized teacher and guide for DNB, National Board of Examinations (2014)
- President – Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction (2003-2006)
- Member – Monitoring Committee: Developing cells and tissue engineering – Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- The Indian Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology – President – February 2003 – 2006.
- The American Fertility Society.
- The Bombay Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society.
- The Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Societies of India.
- The Indian Association of Fertility and Sterility.
- The Indian Academy of Juvenile and Adolescent Gynaecology and Obstetrics.
- The Association of Medical Women in India.
- The Indian Association of Gynecological Endoscopists.
- Indian Society of Human Genetics.
- Member of the Drafting Committee to outline guidelines for Assisted