Vaginoplasty or Vaginal Tightening Surgery is most popular surgical procedures among married women and young females. Many women experience a natural loss in vaginal tightness and tone due to age, childbirth, hormonal changes, or due to birth defects. A lot of women face discomfort, loss of confidence and embarrassing problems such as loosening of vaginal muscles which can be taken care of by Vaginal Reconstruction surgery.
Vaginoplasty, often referred to as vaginal reconstruction or vaginal rejuvenation procedure in which the vaginal walls and the vaginal opening are tightened to add stiffness to the body and tone the loose muscles.
Who can be the Candidate for Vaginoplasty Procedure
For many of women, they have their own different reason for undergoing Vaginoplasty procedure; it can be one of the following reasons.
- Loose vaginal walls which decreases the sexual pleasure and sensitivity, which is the commonly found reason. A vaginal rejuvenation can restore sensitivity by tightening the muscles and helping to restore the pleasure of intimacy once again.
- It is found that, many women feel significantly less confident about themselves and their bodies due to the loss of tone and firmness below. A vaginoplasty has helped to boost confidence and self-esteem in countless women.
- Many women feel broke and lack confidence in their sexuality but through a vaginoplasty rejuvenation process, what was lost is often regained.
- Many women who seek vaginoplasty surgery are feeling some pain and discomfort during intercourse and undergo the procedure to help correct damage to the vaginal walls.
- Sagging skin and stretched out muscles can make it painful to be intimate and a Vaginoplasty restores the control of the structure.
- Neo-vaginoplasty is a rarely used term but a major re-constructive surgery used to create new vagina like in cases of male to female gender reassignment.
This procedure will enhance vaginal muscle tone, strength and control. The surgery decreases the internal and external vaginal diameter by tightening the vagina, and strengthens the perineal body, by removing any excess vaginal lining.
Relaxed muscles of the vagina and perineum are tightened and reinforced, allowing for a stronger pelvic floor and a tighter and narrower vaginal diameter. The procedure is usually done under general anaesthetic, which means the procedure is pain-free.
The procedure will take 1-2 hours, and all scarring with vaginoplasty is internal. Vaginoplasty will help restore the vagina and it’s supporting structures to a pre-pregnancy state.
It is normal to experience some pain and discomfort after surgery, but usually this subsides within a few days.
Patients are advised to refrain from exercise or sexual intercourse until you are fully healed, which can take up to 4-6 weeks.
Your confidentiality and privacy of your identity are our ethics and is our responsibility. For your privacy and protection, we maintain a strict non-disclosure policy.
Frequently Asked Questions and patient concerns:
1. How do I prepare for vaginoplasty surgery?
Prior to the procedure, an examination will be conducted. The details of the procedure, anesthesia options, potential risks, complications, and location of the incision will be addressed by the doctor. Before treatment, we recommend that you avoid taking certain drugs, medications, and refrain from smoking.
2. What happens during vaginoplasty?
Through a surgical procedure, the vagina is tightened. This is achieved by removing the excess vaginal lining and tightening the soft tissues and muscles surrounding it.
3. How long is the process?
It takes between an hour to an hour and half to complete a general vaginoplasty procedure.
4. What are the recovery procedures?
Until it eventually fades, you may experience discomfort around the surgical site for a few days. To treat any discomfort, you will be provided with prescription pain medications and antibiotics. For a full recovery, you have to wait six weeks. There should be no discomfort after 3-4 days, and you should be able to shower. Until 3-4 weeks after the procedure, avoid any sporting activities or intense physical routines.
5. What are the risks and complications?
vaginoplasty rarely leads to any complications. A scar may appear, which can take a couple of weeks to disappear completely. There may be a risk of infection, but it is uncommon and can be eliminated with antibiotic medication prescribed.
6. When is it safe to resume sexual activity after vaginoplasty?
Sexual intercourse can be resumed six weeks after the surgery.
7. When can I return to work after the surgery?
Most patients resume their work routines within 2-5 days following the procedure.
MedicoExperts is a Global virtual hospital which is established to offer quality healthcare services at affordable pricing without compromising the success rates of the treatment. MedicoExperts is having a network of highly experienced super specialist doctors and well equipped hospitals across the globe and offering second opinion through online video consultation and surgical interventions through its empanelled super specialist doctors at its network hospitals in 17 countries from 3 continents.
By the virtue of its approach and model, MedicoExperts is successfully achieve to deliver
- Latest and most advanced treatments with success rates of international benchmarks.
- Multiple cost options depending upon the hospital facilities, with the same doctor.
- Treatment option in multiple cities/state/countries.
- Trust and peace of mind.
Most suitable for patients who are looking for:-
- Planned Surgeries and treatment from most experienced doctors and at multiple cost options as per hospital facilities with best possible outcomes.
- Second Opinion from expert doctors.
- Complex cases involving multi specialities
- International patients looking for treatment from Indian doctors