Dr. Sanjay Borude
MBBS, MS - General Surgery
- Skills :Specialize in Robotic Surgery, Obesity Surgery, Micro Surgery, Bariatric Surgery.
- Dr. Sanjay Borude is currently associated with Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai as a Senior Consultant of General and Bariatric Surgery.
- He is a well-known general and bariatric surgeon with more than 30 years of experience.
- He holds the record for operating on a baby who is 11 months old.
- Dr. Borude has been the Vice President of the Obesity Surgery Society of India.
- Dr. Borude has presented his work at numerous national and international conferences and seminars, as well as in many national and international journals in the field of general and bariatric surgery.
- He is an honorable member of the Association of Surgeons of India and the Obesity Surgery Society of India.
- Dr. Sanjay B. Borude is currently associated as the Senior Consultant of General and Bariatric Surgery at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai India.
- Dr. Sanjay Borude is one of the first obesity surgeons in India to perform bariatric surgery.
- Dr. Sanjay Borude received his training at the Cleveland Clinic in Florida, Ghent University in Belgium, and Alcoy University in Spain.
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy with 11 months old infant: “a life saving procedure” in hamdan journal of surgery
- LSG in partial situs inversus: a case study
Dr. Sanjay Borude is a well-known general and bariatric surgeon with more than 30 years of experience.
Training and Certifications
- M.B.B.S.: 1983, Bombay University, India.
- M.S. (Gen.Surg) 1988, Bombay University, India.
- Fellowship (General Surgery)- International College Of Surgeons
- Fellowship (Obesity Surgery)- International Federation for Surgery of Obesity
- Fellowship (Obesity Surgery)- Association of Indian Surgeons
- Fellowship (Obesity Surgery)- Asia Pacific Bariatric Surgery Society
- Fellowship (Bariatric Surgery)- Cleveland Clinic, Miami, Florida, USA
- Fellowship (Bariatric Surgery)- Ghent University Hospital, Belgium
- Fellowship (Bariatric Surgery)- Sanatorio San Jorge, Alcoy, Spain
- Robotic surgery: Trained for by prof. Khurshid Guru, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY-USA.
- Obesity Surgery: Trained by prof. Raul rosenthal, Cleveland clinic, Miami, Florida, USA. Trained by prof. Pattyn in gent university hospital, belgium. Trained by dr. Aniceto baltasar in Sanatorio San Jorge in Alcoy, Spain.
- Micro-Surgery: Trained by dr. Giorgio brunelli italy, at Mumbai. Observer: National University Hospital, Singapore, in General Surgery.
Awards and Achievements
He is an Ex representative for Asia-Pacific to International Federation in Bariatric surgery. He has many records and publications on his credentials.
Expertise in Disease/Treatment
- Mini Port Surgeries
- Gastric Balloon
- Obesity Surgery
- Single Port Surgeries
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Bariatric (Gastric Bypass) Surgery
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass
- Mini Gastric Bypass
- SG-DJB (Sleeve Gastrectomy with DuodenoJejunal Bypass)
- SGPJB (Sleeve Gastrectomy with Proximal Jejunal Bypass)
- Revision Bariatric Surgery
- LSG (Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy)
- LRYGB (Laparoscopic Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass)
- Transabdominal Preperitoneal Repair (TAPP)
- Totally Intraperitoneal Repair (TEP)
- Extended Totally Extraperitoneal Repair (eTEP)
- Transverses Abdominis Muscle Release (TAR)
- Intraperitoneal Onlay Mesh (IPOM)
- Metabolic Surgery
- Dr Borude is an invited faculty at numerous Conferences and Seminars and has presented his work at many National and International Journals in the field of General and Bariatric Surgery.
- Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Asia-Pacific Chapter IFSO