Dr. Jaydeep Palep
MBBS, MS - General Surgery
- Skills :Specialize in General Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and Bariatric Surgery (Weight loss Surgery)
- Dr. Jaydeep Palep is a well-known bariatric surgeon.
- Dr. Jaydeep Palep is one of the few surgeons who can perform all types of bariatric procedures, Banded Sleeve Gastrectomy, Banded Gastric Bypass, and Mini Gastric Bypass.
- Dr. Palep was the first surgeon to perform a Robotic Gastrointestinal surgery in 2010.
- Dr. Palep also performs Sleeve Gastrectomy with Duodenojejunal Bypass, a new and popular weight loss procedure with excellent excess weight loss outcomes.
- Dr. Jaydeep Palep is special interested in bariatric surgery, single-incision surgery, type II diabetes reversal surgery, robotic GI surgery, and advanced and complex GI and HPB surgeries.
Dr. Jaydeep Palep has vast experience in Upper GI Surgery, weight loss surgeries, and metabolic surgery with Minimally Invasive Techniques (Robotics & Laparoscopy).
He is one of the first surgeons to be trained at Los Angeles, for the Banded Bypass and Banded Sleeve Gastrectomy as a weight loss procedure in India. He performs Mini Gastric Bypass also a new and popular weight loss surgery with great outcomes with respect to excess weight loss and resolution of Type II Diabetes Mellitus.
Only surgeon offering Robotic Bariatric surgery in Western India. He is the only surgeon to have performed Bariatric surgery with a liver transplant in a patient. Specialty Interests Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery in Robotics and Laparoscopy Robotic surgery for the Stomach, Spleen, Pancreas, and Adrenals Experience
Experience of Dr. Jaydeep Palep
Dr. Jaydeep Palep has 22 years of experience in Upper GI and Weight Loss Surgeries.
Training and Certifications
- MBBS – GSMC Mumbai (KEM), 1997
- MS – General Surgery – TNMC Mumbai (Nair Hospital), 2000
- Fellowship in advanced GI Laparoscopy (Bordeaux, France)
- Fellowship in Robotic Gastrointestinal Surgery (Grosseto, Italy)
- Fellowship in Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery (Boston, USA)
Awards and Achievements
- The Marquis who’s who awards in Medicine and health care (USA) 2011-12
- Pandya JS, Palep JH, Dhadas AB, Desai NK. Comparison of rubber band ligation and injection sclerotherapy for first and second-degree haemorrhoids’- A prospective clinical trial. Bombay Hospital Journal.vol.46, No.1, 2004.
- DP-186-7 da Vinci surgical system of robot-assisted surgery: experience in a hospital Miserikorudia Italy (108th Annual Meeting of the Japan Surgical Society scheduled times) Noh Yasumitsu Taira, Giulianotti PC, Palep JH, Norihiko Ishikawa, Kenji Omura, Go Watanabe Japanese Journal of Surgery 109 (extra edition _2), 717, 20080425
- Palep JH Commentary: live telecast surgery on shaky ground Indian Journal of Medical Ethics, Vol VIII No 4, Oct-Dec 2011,245
- Bhandarwar AH, Kasat GV, Palep JH, Shaikh TA, Bakshi GD, Nichat PD Impact of Nissen’s fundoplication on response of disease-specific symptoms and quality of life Updates surgery. 2013 Mar;65(1):35-41
- Palep JH, Mistry S, Abhaya Kumar, Munshi M, Puranik M, Pednekar A Robotic excision of of a pre-coccygeal nerve root tumor Journal of minimal access Surgery 2015:Jan-Mar;Vol-11;1, 103
- Palep JH, Wagh HD, Goel R, Pednekar A Initial experience of robotic surgery with low CO2 pneumoperitoneaum pressure Obesity Surgery, Vol 23
- Palep JH, Mistry S, Bhandarwar AH Banded Sleeve gastrectomy (laparoscopic &robotic)- Early results and patient outcomes. A 2 year data. Obesity Surgery, August 2014, Vol 24
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- OSSI (Obesity Surgery Society of India)
- Clinical Robotic Surgery Association
- Indian Assoc of Gastro-intestinal Endo surgeons
- Assoc of Minimal Access Surgeons of India