When you are at the most vulnerable stage in your life, it is always a dilemma to choose health and well-being over other factors. With the cost of bone marrow transplant or also commonly known as stem cell transplant being so high, one needs to make a conscious decision of choosing the best healthcare provider who will present comprehensive treatment to give you a new lease for life.
1. Cost - effectiveness and trustworthiness make India a great choice for a bone marrow transplant procedure.
2. A staggering 60-90% success rate amongst the best bone marrow transplant hospitals in India.
3. A stay in the hospital for 30 days and 90 days stays in the country, is required.
4. Time-bound, special schemes with some associated hospitals for MedicoExperts patients.
|Evaluation Cost||Treatment Cost|
|Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 1300 - 1800||USD 15000 - 24500|
|Allogenic Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 1300 - 1800||USD 22000 - 37500|
|Haplo-identical Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 1300 - 1800||USD 36000 - 50000|
|Unrelated Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 1300 - 1800||USD 65000 - 90000|
Depending on the condition of the patient, the concerned doctor may suggest to undergoing radiation therapy or chemotherapy. The cost for the same will have to be additionally added to the above-listed cost, based on the type of transplant one has to opt for.
1. The cost of one cycle of chemotherapy is anywhere between USD 1000 to USD 1500 (INR 468941 to INR 103412)
2. The cost for radiation therapy is approximately USD 3500- USD 5500 (INR 241293 to INR 37917)
3. The mentioned cost is exclusive of any post-operative complications, over-stay charges, inter-disciplinary conditions, or use of any special drugs, consumables or blood components.
4. When planning your bone marrow transplant in India, we recommend you to be prepared and aware of every minuscule aspect, so as to avoid any surprises. We, at MedicoExperts, are open and ready to answer any query you may have.
With the ever-advancing field of medicine and research technology, the pool of doctors and surgeons in India are erudite and with years of expertise in treating life-threatening diseases. The infrastructure and technology of the top hospitals in India are at par with the facilities available in the western counterparts.
At one-third of the cost with the best surgeons in India, one can be assured of quality treatment and holistic care. Efforts have been also taken to reduce the cost for bone marrow transplant by focusing on newer strategies and advanced technologies to bring about effective healthcare.
1. Economy and standard of living: The cost for bone marrow treatment in India is much more affordable as opposed to undergoing treatment in the US, Thailand or any European country. Even the stay, consultation, facilities and everything else will also cost much lower when compared to the western counterparts.
2. Options: India has a wide range of hospitals to choose from; that offer care and treatment according to one’s budget. With the advancement in the field of medicine, the hospitals also try their best to bring down the cost to make treatment cost-effective and available to all strata of society. There is also the promising possibility of choosing hospitals and surgeons whose expertise and experience will help you heal better. The cost differs greatly based on the chosen surgeon and hospital.
|Countries||Average Cost(USD)||Average Cost(INR)|
|India||$15,000 - $90,000||₹10,65,825 – ₹63,94,950|
|USA||$350,000 - $800,000||₹2,47,36,250- ₹5,65,40,000|
|United Kingdom||$233,310 - $583,275||₹1,64,89,184- ₹4,12,22,960|
|Germany||$100,000 - $250,000||₹70,67,500 - ₹1,76,68,750|
|United Kingdom||$49,999 - $100,000||₹35,33,679 - ₹70,67,500|
The cost of the transplant depends upon the type of transplant one has to undergo. Below we have explained the types of BMT treatment approaches:
In this type of BMT, the patient’s own body’s healthy blood forming stem cells are collected and processed to replace with the unhealthy and diseased blood cells.
In this type of BMT, the healthy blood forming cells are taken from a donor who could be a sibling, parents or someone unrelated.
Depending on the relation of the donor and matching of tissue, Allogenic BMT is further classified into 3 types. They are;
a) Complete Matched Sibling Donor BMT: In this, the donor is most likely to be a brother or sister of the patient. These are often a complete match to patient’s tissue.
b) Haplo-identical BMT: It is a type of Allogenic BMT in which parents are usually a donor to the patient since they are a half match for their children. In cases, where a complete match is not found and the patients do not have any sibling, the expert surgeon considers parents to be a donor and perform Haplo-identical BMT.
c) Unrelated Donor BMT: In cases, where there is no sibling and parents are also not a match for the patient, then Un-related Donor BMT is the solution, in which donor who is unrelated to you is made available for the transplant from the Donor Match Registry.
Bone marrow transplant is a decisive option when there is a prolonged complaint. The diseased bone marrow can be replaced by BMT treatment for the enlisted concerns when one is suffering from:
The success rate of bone transplant in India differs from hospital to hospital with a collective average ranging from 60-90%. This is a result of extremely qualified and highly skilled surgeons and highly equipped, hospitals with strict patient care, cleanliness and infection control policies. The percentage of relapse noticed in cases of autologous transplant patients is comparatively low.
We are associated with a wide pool of doctors who are renowned in the field of bone marrow transplantation with years of expertise. This gives you the option to choose one according to your budget.
Get treated at state-of-the-art Multi-speciality hospitals in India which are JCI, NABH accredited and have advanced technologies with best-on-ground staff for a comprehensive care.
With an exhaustive, well researched data collated over the years through our patient experience from 27 countries and over 5 years of excellent patient care, we bring you a comprehensive and patient-centric approach that connects you with the right doctor, appropriate hospital and best infrastructure for your specific requirements. We commit to track your treatment journey to ensure your safety and well-being.
Our patient-centric approach has gained us associations with the best hospitals in India, to expand the pool of hospitals for you to choose from. Like a local guardian, MedicoExperts will not shy from helping you even audit your bills or seek a second opinion if need be. We are the marketing
partners for most of the top hospitals in India, which gives us the privilege to offer our patients special schemes and packages for their treatment.
With MedicoExperts, your concerns matter most to us, and we are willing to provide you with online video consultation, where you can speak to the doctor and address all your apprehensions and queries.
For a faster and guarded means of communication, you can always get in touch with us by sharing your medical history and diagnostic reports to email@example.com
1. What is a bone marrow transplant?
A bone marrow transplant is a treatment that replaces an unhealthy marrow with a healthy one.
It is indicated when the bone marrow in the human body is not healthy enough to carry out its normal functions due to any disorder or cancer of blood cells.
2. How do I know which bone marrow transplant is best for me?
The consulting surgeon will review your reports and decide on the best suited option for your treatment.
We at MedicoExperts, ensure that you get nothing but the best diagnosis and treatment for your ailment. Be assured to get best treatment advice from the chosen best surgeons in India.
3. What is the difference between bone marrow transplants and stem cell transplants?
In a stem cell transplant, the stem cells are collected from the patients’ own blood and used; while in the case of a bone marrow transplant, the bone marrow is extracted from the donor and injected to the patient who has undergone high-dose therapy.
4. What are the commonly noticed side-effects of undergoing bone marrow transplant?
Besides the higher risk of infection due to a stressed immune system, the commonly noticed side effects are but not limited to,
5. How long will I take to recover from my treatment?
Recovery after Bone Marrow Transplant is long and tiresome, both physically and emotionally for the patient and family. Initial 3 months are critical enough for the recovery of the patients.
They need complete monitoring during this span since there are high chances of complications and risk of rejection of the transplant. The patient may complain of fatigue, weakness and is unable to concentrate for the first few weeks post-surgery, however full recuperation may take up to 1-2 years.
An estimated stay of around 2-3 months is required in India for the Bone Marrow Transplant and complete recovery, post which the patient can fly back to his/her country.
6. How soon can I resume my normal work and daily routine?
After a complex and prolonged BMT treatment in India, it is justified to be anxious and return to a daily routine to seek normalcy.
However, once you are done with the transplant, you should be diverting all your energy in regaining your strength and stamina. Staying positive will help you heal better. It will also be advisable to avoid crowded public places, as you will be prone to infection due to lowered immunity functions. Generally, it takes about 3-6 months for a patient to feel better and stable, however, this also depends on certain environmental factors like cleanliness, etc.
7. What can I expect from my bone marrow treatment in India?
BMT procedure is a treatment associated with a number of risks and complexities. It is, therefore, crucial to know if the treatment is suitable for you. BMT procedure is recommended in cases when;